After thinking through it for a while, I have decided to stop developing the tool further. I had the plans of dismantling the tool as individual scripts so that you can use them in your scripting framework. I have looked at the existing code and it was not written in a very modular way. Only parts of it can be easily broken down. I feel that it is not worth the time I will have to spend. I have validated every piece of this script on Hyper-V v2 beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 beta. It works fine on the new OS too. I learned a lot of Hyper-V WMI related concepts while writing this tool and it was really helpful in understanding various architectural stuff. I will, now, concentrate more on PowerShell and C# related development and stop doing any VBScript work.
I had quickly tested HVS2008UI on Windows Server 2008 R2 beta OS. I have tested it on both Server Core as well as full OS. And the news is, it just works fine as expected. I have not anticipated any WMI changes in this build. However, I still have to thouroghly test it. You may want to use the same tool to manage your R2 Server Core installs. Let me know if you find any issues with the tool.